Last Updated on October 12, 2023 by assistant
PC(polycarbonate) has many applications in various industries. The PC products can be used for the parts of the room divider, electronics, car, defense, and agriculture. Meanwhile, it is also a popular thermoplastic in 3D printing. Let’s discover more about polycarbonate 3D printing.
Benefits of Using Polycarbonate in 3D Printing:
(1) Strongest but lightweight. Compared to other thermoplastics, PC may be one of the most strongest but lightweight materials to make 3D printing components.
(2) Transparent. Its transparency is one of the reasons it is preferred for 3D printing.
What Are the Disadvantages of Polycarbonate in 3D Printing?
Printing Polycarbonate is also very challenging because of its limitations.
(1) High Moisture Rate. At different temperatures, its size may vary because it will absorb the moisture from the air. It may lead to changes in tolerance. When you want to apply PC to make the 3D printing pars, you can pay more attention to its high moisture rate.
(2) The FDM can only squeeze PC when the temperature reaches 250°C~300°C.
(3) Easy to warp. PC is easy to warp the plate when it is under high temperature. It would increase the difficulty of printing and affect the final performance.
At Ruitai, we would like to assist your polycarbonate 3D printing project by SLA rapid prototyping and SLS rapid prototyping. With the assistance of our professional engineers and craftsmen, we are confident to produce high-performance polycarbonate 3D printing parts for you.
Do you want to know more about Polycarbonate 3D Printing? You can contact us for more details: email@example.com