Aluminum Die Casting Certification
Ruitai Aluminum Die Casting Projects
Ruitai is a very professional manufacturer of aluminum die casting, we have made aluminum die casting parts for different die casting projects, as many fields can make die casting, such as transportation; electronics; home appliances, and so on
We can make more China aluminum die casting parts, send the email to us.
Details About Aluminum Die Casting
Advantages to Make Aluminum Die Casting
About the Aluminum die casting, you can choose from A380, A384, A390 and ADC12, and more, there is just a little difference in the materials, if not clear, leave your contact info, we will contact you and chat with you for aluminum die casting parts.
1. Why Choose Ruitai for Your Aluminum Die Casting Project?
Ruitai has been in the Aluminum Die Casting field for many years, providing aluminum die casting services for clients worldwide.
During these years of development, Ruitai’s business can range from CNC machining to full production of aluminum die-casting parts.
The surface we can make on metal casting parts includes chrome plated, painting, silk screen, powder coating, and more.
Just let us know your aluminum die casting requirements,ruitai can meet them totally at any time.
2. What Is Aluminum Die Casting?
Aluminum Die Casting is a process in which you can create a mold cavity by using two hundred tool steel dies. These two hundred tool steel dies have been machined into shape. They work similarly to an injection mold during this casting process.
Metals with no iron are used in Aluminum die casting, and these metals are very significant for the Aluminum die casting process. Such as peculiarly copper, zinc, lead/tin, Aluminum, and magnesium. These alloys have such properties that are needed in Aluminum die casting, like dimensional stability, electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, and corrosion resistance.
These alloys will help you to produce the desired product. Aluminum Castings can withstand the highest temperatures of all die-cast alloys. Aluminum die casting metals are lightweight and have high dimensional stability for thin walls.
3.Is Aluminum Die Casting Often Used to Produce Metal Parts?
Yes, it is a process through which you can accurately produce plane, defined, and textured-surfaced metal parts. It does this by forcing liquefied metals into a cast form because of the high-pressure systems.
Aluminum has properties that are beneficial for casting, such as; corrosion resistance, mechanical properties, and excellent electrical and thermal conductivity. In the Aluminum die-casting process, you can harden the metals and cast them into desired shapes.
The die-casting process is a recyclable technique that you can repeatedly use to produce different die-cast aluminum products and metals. You can produce a variety of accurate and attractive shapes.
Aluminum die casting is an effective process for industries and businesses. This is the easiest process since Aluminum can be melted into the molds to produce the different desired products. This process holds a lot of significance when it comes to creating a variety of metal parts with quality.
4. What Are The Alloys Used in Aluminum Die Casting?
Some of the alloys necessary for the Aluminum die casting include:
Zinc is a metal that can be easily cast, has high strength, and is helpful for long die life. Uses in a hot-chamber machine. It can easily form very thin walls.
Aluminum has unique properties that are beneficial for casting; dimensional stability for thin walls, corrosion resistance, mechanical properties, and high electrical and thermal conductivity. It is a very low-dense alloy. It is used in a cold-chamber machine.
Magnesium is able to weight ratio, and you can easily use this metal in the machine. This is a machine-friendly alloy. It has a very low density. You can use this alloy in both hot and cold chamber machines.
Copper has the ability of high hardness, good corrosion resistance, and high strength to approach the steel parts, and high dimensional stability. It has a low die life because of the high melting temperature.
Lead and Tin have high density, and they are helpful for special forms of corrosion resistance.
5. What Is The Process of Aluminum Die Casting?
In the Aluminum die casting process, you can inject the molten metal into a mold with high pressure, which you can call a die. A die casting cycle completes in 2-3 minutes. Aluminum die casting is the fastest technique to produce non-ferrous metal parts.
The following steps are used to create die casting applications.
The first step in the Aluminum die casting process is clamping, which involves preparing two die halves. After the cleaning process, you can close the two die halves and clamp them. During this step, you must have to apply force to the die to keep it secure while you are injecting metal.
The second step is transferring from either a hot or cold chamber machine. The process that you can do in this step is to inject the molten metal with high pressure towards the die. These pressures range from 31,000 to 20,000 psi, respectively. The injection time depends upon the time required to fill all the cavities within the die. The wall thickness and injection time are directly proportional, which means that a thick wall needs a longer injection time
The third step starts with the molten metal entering the die cavity. After cooling when the molten metal becomes solid in the cavity, you can see that the final shape of the casting is produced. You cannot open the die until it completely cools down. This ensures that the casting is solidified.
The geometric design complexity requires a longer time for cooling just like the wall thickness.
The fourth step is the elapsing of the proper cooling time. After elapsing, the die halves can be opened and ejected from the die cavity. When the casting is ejected then you can shut the die for the next injection.
This is the last step of the Aluminum die casting process. During the casting process, the excess material and flash must be trimmed from the die channels because of the solidification. There is not only one way to do this process. It can be done through one or multiple cavities.
6.How Can You Classify Aluminum Die Casting Machines?
There are two major classifications of aluminum die casting machines:
Hot-chamber die casting
This technique is one of the types of die casting which uses metals with lesser boiling and melting points (i.e., zinc alloys). In this process, you can melt the metal by giving it the proper temperature. This process needs pressure ranging from 1,000-5,000 psi.
Cold-chamber die casting
This is a type of casting in which the metals which are utilized have high melting points. (i.e., aluminum alloys). The basic function of the cold-chamber machine is a lot like the other chamber. But there is a slight variation in its working. The difference is in the orientation and the structure.
7.What Are The Geometric Features of Aluminum Die Casting?
There are a number of geometric features that are very important in creating a model of Aluminum die casting:
- Parting line
- Holes and windows
- A draft allows the other parts to eject easily from the die. This Draft is useful for all the die-cast surfaces when it comes to its proper ejection.
- Fillet is two surfaces attached while having sharp edges. By adding to a die casting, fillets are used to remove unwanted edges and corners.
- The parting line used as a joint that combines two different sides of a mold. Its purpose is to recognize the cover and the ejector’s side of the die.
- Bosses serve as a stand-off to the die casting and mounting points for various parts that are needed to be mounted. They have universal wall thickness for maximum strength of the Aluminum die casting.
- Ribs provide support for designs. They need maximal strength without making any change to the wall.
- Holes and windows’ parameters will grip the die steel during Aluminum die casting.
8. The Advantages and Disadvantages of Aluminum Die Casting?
Aluminum plays a significant role in die casting by creating lighter parts. The aluminum cast is versatile, high corrosion resistant, it has high dimensional stability with thin walls, and you can use it in almost every industry.
The Aluminum die casting is a strong process. It is very close and certainly the best type of alloy which you can easily depend on whenever you need it. It is not only a strong metal but you can also afford it easily. It can be purchased easily.
But, it is not a safe process. That is why you should not get yourself into this process. Instead, hire some proficient members or a company to do the task for you. Daily usage of Aluminum such as aluminum pots and pans and aluminum cans does not pose any threat.
9. What Are the Applications of Aluminum Castings?
- Aluminum die casting will increase the potency of automotive fuel through weight-saving needs.
- Aluminum is employed in networking, telecom, and computing industries as a result of RF filter boxes that would need heat intemperance.
- Aluminum die casting is very good for electronic connectors because it has the ability of electrical conductivity.
10.How Can You Differentiate Between Aluminum and Sand Die Casting?
There are two categories in which castings are divided. And each one has its own goals and benefits. These two casting processes are as different as their names.
|Aluminum Die Casting||Sand Die Casting|
|· This is a method within which you will pour liquefied metal into die under high air pressure.|
· You can produce a product by creating steel mold into a shape.
· After the cooling process, the metal becomes solid, and you have a product.
· The product that is produced in Aluminum casting comes with thin walls.
· Aluminum die casting is used in medical device manufacturing because they require more complex shapes in their castings.
|· This is a process in which you can pour the molten metal directly into a mold in the sand without high pressure.|
· After the cooling process of metal, you can open the mold and clean the product.
· The product from sand casting comes with thick walls and larger in size.
11. Why Aluminum Die Casting is More Effective Than Sand Die Casting?
- Aluminum Die Casting is a quick cycle and a pretty fast process. Sand Die Casting is more downtime because sand needs to be replaced after each casting.
- The sand casting process is very cost-effective, but Aluminum die casting is a money-saving process for your company.
- The dimensional accuracy of the Aluminum Die Casting is very high, which is very effective for your company/business. While the sand casting process has low dimensional accuracy.
- In the Aluminum Die Casting process, the surface finishes out of the mold are excellent. On the other hand, in the sand casting process, the surface finish is poor.
- In Aluminum Die die-casting process, the preferred production volume of castings is 1000 plus, but in the sand casting process, the production volume of castings is 1 to 1000.
12. Which One Is Best To Use, Aluminum Die Casting or Steel Casting?
Aluminum and Steel both compete with each other for the top materials. You can rely on both to produce a product with quality, but this comparison will help you choose the right alloy.
Aluminum has a lower density than steel. Lower density is notably good for weight advantage. Aluminum is 2.5-3 times less than steel.
Steel is harder than Aluminum which is a drawback for steel. Hardness is the drawback of machining. Steel products require more expensive tools to cut away the material, and it will be a more time-consuming process than Aluminum Die Casting.
Aluminum is the better choice for the process because Aluminum has a lower melting temperature than steel. The Aluminum is more cast-able than steel. Aluminum is easy to melt, and you can use various methods to cast Aluminum.
13.How Much Does Aluminum Die Casting Cost?
Before you get to know HOW MUCH DOES ALUMINUM DIE COST? It is significant to know the good die solid tools and their usage. You should be cautious about the die-cast tools and their usages and their properties before buying any tool. Tools and molds are not cheap.
If you buy cheap price tools, it will cause you more trouble and problems down the road. Investing in the design and maintenance of tools to ensure their longevity is worthy.
You should check the budget before considering this process for your order. Some of the factors you can look up to are these.
- The volume of your order
If your order is small and consists of just a few items, it may cost you more, but if you want work to be done at large-scale, then it can be a really cost-saver for you.
- Design of the product
If your product comprises intricate and complex designs, then it will require more effort, and as a result, you would have to pay more for it. Whereas a simple design doesn’t require a lot of money.
- Your budget
You should check your budget by making the estimation as you have to buy the materials, and have to deal with the finishing cost. In addition to that, you should also check out the rates at various places that offer the service so that it will help you save money.
- Choice of materials
The Aluminum Die Casting cost may also depend on the materials you are working with. Working with metals through this technique would be the best for you.
14.What Kind of Services Aluminum Die Casting Does Offer?
Aluminum die casting serves in various industries, including
- Commercial and Industrial Equipment
Aluminum die casting helps in producing heat sinks, bearing housings, connecting rods, and man other specific parts.
Aluminum die casting is used in producing electrical housings.
Parts of shotguns and rifles are produced by Aluminum die-casting.
LED and other lights are produced by Aluminum die casting.
- Medical Products
The Aluminum casting process is used to make ultrasound systems, drug dispensers, heart monitors, and more.
Aluminum die casting serves to produce electricity, water, gas, and many other meters.
- Recreational Vehicles
Lawn and garden tractors are developed through Aluminum die casting.
- Vehicle Parts
Aluminum die casting plays a significant role in producing truck parts and systems from cylinders.
So, this is the Ultimate FAQ Guide about Aluminum Die Casting, and we hope it addresses all your queries in detail.