Why Choose Ruitai To Make Your CNC Turning Parts?
1. Capability. We apply multi-axis CNC lathes to create turning parts from 10 to 10000+ pieces
2. High Precision. The tolerance of our turned parts can reach ±0.01MM.
3. Short Lead Time. As for low-volume turning projects, we can finish them within days.
4. A Professional Engineering Team. At Ruitai, we get a professional team to analyze the 3D files and give you complete engineering guidance.
5. Fast Feedback. To let you know more about the latest situation of the project, we will send you the pictures and videos of machining in time.
We apply a wide range of metals to produce precision turned parts: aluminum, stainless steel, brass, etc.
You can choose the best plastic for your turning project and we will give an engineering guide if needed.
4 Steps to Ensure the Quality of CNC Turned Parts
There are mainly 4 steps we take to ensure the accuracy of CNC turned parts:
(1). Material Inspection. To ensure the quality of raw materials, the QC team will apply the equipment to inspect them before machining.
(2). As Machined. We get advanced CNC lathes to produce turned parts. To further ensure the surface finish and precision of turned parts, there is a series of grinding processes available: internal grinding, external grinding, centerless grinding, etc.
(3). Quality Inspection. Through inspecting by CMM equipment, we will get detailed dimensional data of every part. Before delivering turned parts to you, we will send the CMM report to you.
(4). Custom Packaging. We will customize the packages of each order to protect the parts from damage.
6 Common Materials We Apply For CNC Turning
|Stainless Steel||Stainless steel 303/304|
|Copper||Brass and bronze|
|PC||Clear and black colors|
|PEEK||High performance plastic|
|Acetal||Common plastic turning material|
What Kinds of Surface Treatment We Offer for Your CNC Turning Parts?
Surface finish can make your CNC turning parts more shiny and beautiful.
There is an array of surface finish we provide for CNC turned parts: Painting, Powder spraying, Baking, Sandblasting, shot blasting, Anodizing(thick film and micro-arc), Electroplating, Laser carving, Silk screen, Wire drawing, Mirror polishing, Dyeing, Blackening, High gloss, etc.
1. What Is CNC Turning?
CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) turning technique is basically a technique that is used to make turned parts. The process starts by working on the bars of the material. After that, a piece of material is treated in order to remove the material and to create the desired shape.
Removing the tools to create a planned effect is also called “subtraction machining” because it includes removing different types of materials. There is a specialized area called Turret used for this purpose.
2. What Is Maximum Diameter Capacity For CNC Turning Parts?
The turning capacity’s range usually starts from 0.5mm and goes up to 65mm in diameter if the range is taken from the bar. Whereas it goes up to 300mm for billet work. We have dedicated a specific part of our factory to the construction of our large diameter lathes parts.
Our large capacity of machinery allows us to deal with large diameter and longer in length designs on our boring and turning machinery.
3. What Machining Tolerances Can Be Achieved For Precision Turning?
Tolerance level refers to the level of measuring dimensions and their accuracy ratios. It includes further 20 grades, which are exactly in accordance with the standards used everywhere.
These grades fulfil the requirements of national standards. If you do not want the tolerance, which is also termed as the equipment accuracy, to be low, you must avoid having a bigger grade number. The greater the permissible range of magnitude (the degree of tolerance), the less processing difficulty.
However, if you want to achieve the maximum tolerance, it can go up to 5 microns keeping in view the ratio of precise materials. In the mid-range sections, a tolerance of 0.01mm is generally found.
4. What Are The Restrictions With Small Features Of CNC Turning Parts?
The smallest parts you can turn are 0.5mm wide. You can use sharp points and more than 10-degree angles to produce these smallest parts and can also use walls that are even smaller than the respective size for this purpose.
Smaller walls can be tricky as reducing the thickness of the wall. It results in reducing the durability of the object. But, increasing vibration during machinery and reducing the accuracy can be achieved. Moreover, plastic and other thermal materials are best to monitor the remaining softness and pressure.
5. Are Plastic Turned Parts Also Produced?
Yes, plastic turning parts are also produced, which are constructed with really good rigid plastic.
Plastic machine turning parts can be overlooked in favour of metal turning, but this feature offers various benefits. The mechanical parts made of plastic have good anti-corrosion properties and provide high corrosion resistance, making them ideal for guides, pipes, and brushes.
Plastic can be mechanically and precisely manufactured at various volumes and in a variety of intricate designs.
6. How Long Does it take to Get Your CNC Turning Parts Manufactured?
Usually, the delivery time depends upon how delicate is your product. If it is a regular common product, it takes around 1 to 8 weeks to deliver it. Otherwise, it may take more than this duration to deliver your part. Or you can also associate or agree to the delivery time required by your client.
7. How to Maintain CNC and Its Turning Parts?
A specific environment is necessary for the usage of CNC lathes. It is essential to create that environment as it can affect the normal operation of any machine tool. Always make sure that you are fulfilling the installation condition while using the machine. It is imperative to keep the CNC lathe away from the standard mechanical equipment. This will help when any maintenance and repair is required for the machine tool.
In addition to that, the factory also offers the regular cleaning of the electric cabinets and circuit boards, etc.
You should also train the individuals who repair the equipment. Such individuals and mechanics should have the proper knowledge of the machine tools, CNC systems, hydraulic pressure solid machinery, air pressure and other processing conditions, etc. These workers should also know the working procedures of the machine tool and their catalogues.
Any machine tool that uses CMOS equipment requires battery renewal regularly. Its control system should also be turned on as in any other case all the storage limit will be lost and eventually machine tool will stop working. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKxKTah2YYI
8. Can You Offer Reverse Engineering Services in CNC Turning Parts?
Yes, you can provide and get all kinds of services related to product manufacturing and engineering in CNC Turning Parts. The complete process of designing and engineering service includes making technical designs and 3D Models (if required).
Reverse Engineering refers to the process of rebuilding designs and drawings by taking measurements and/or scanning the part itself. It is a simple, two-step process:
1) Scanning an object
2) Creating a 3D object model.
9. How Useful Are CNC Turning Parts?
If CNC turning parts are utilized properly, they can bring:
- Speed - they quickly produce components that do not usually require multiple production steps.
- Cost-effectiveness – CNC turning parts allows operators to take advantage of the equipment and reduce waste with increased accuracy.
- Security – The automatic naming process means that the operator can avoid injury.
- Efficiency – CNC Mills uses internal quality assurance systems to prevent damage to assets in the event of a loss.
10. Do We Offer CNC Milled Parts Too?
Yes, you can get CNC milled parts too from us. We have prismatic machining that produces parts up to 700 mm long.
You can get different milling parts such as Column and Base, Knee, Saddle and Swivel Table, Power Feed Mechanism, Table, Spindle, Over Arm/ Over Hanging Arm, Arbor Support, Ram and etc.
11. How Can You Distinguish Boring From Turning?
These two are somewhat similar in their function as both involve a machine which can be a lathe or a CNC milling machine, utilizes a stationary cutting tool to remove the material safely after operating it with the shafts. The factor that differentiates the two is the workplace where these goods are removed.
The converter is a component specialized for removing objects present on the surface outside the tool, while the boring is designed to remove objects from the inner surface of the tool.
12. What Are the Parameters of CNC Turning Parts’ Process?
CNC turning parameters depend on a variety of factors. These factors are the material of which the component is composed of, the size of various tools used for this purpose and other demands of the product. Some basic standards of CNC turning are as follows,
- Speed of Spindle: It is measured as per minute rotation (rpm) and shows the speed of each spin (N), as well as the operation. The spinning speed is directly related to the cutting speed that takes up the width.
- Workpiece Diameter: This is the factor which performs a crucial role in controlling how fast the material is being cut. It is denoted by symbol D, and is measured in mm.
- Cutting:The cutting speed calculator is V = πDN / 1000. Displays the speed that is related to the working of tools used for cutting.
- Feed rate: The measurement is noted in mm/rev, and it is represented by symbols. It basically represents how long the tool moves per single turn of the model does.
- Depth of axial cut: It describes itself well as it represents how deep the cut is. It is the basic criteria for performance management.
- Radial cutting depth: In contrast to the axial cut, it shows a cut of the depth directly to the axis. Also, low feed prices help extend the life of the tools and protect a better finish.
13. How CNC Turning Parts Provides The Advantage Of Accuracy?
CNC machining has the advantage of producing products with a high accuracy rate. CNC Turning Parts are assembled, and all the instructions required to perform a function are given to it. The same parts can be made with higher levels of accuracy with the help of CNC Turning.
Reducing defects in the production process eliminates unnecessary waste. CNC Turning Parts can make the right parts to meet the needs of customers. The high level of accuracy also makes it difficult for some to copy and steal product designs.