Last Updated on February 12, 2022 by Leizi
Plastic has played a role in nearly every industry because of its numerous advantages: lightweight, durable and formable. Thermoplastic and liquid silicone rubber are two kinds of plastic widely used for injection molding. Compared to liquid silicone rubber, thermoplastic has poor heat tolerance and a high deformation rate. Therefore, people are increasingly applying liquid silicon rubber to make injection molding products.
There are several industries in which we can apply liquid silicon rubber for injection molding: medical, automotive, electronics, appliances, food, and consumer goods. You can also find a lot of its usage around you. For example, seals, headsets, LED lenses, gaskets, etc.
Here is an array of reasons why people will choose liquid silicone rubber for their injection molding project.
- LSR(liquid silicone rubber) can withstand extreme temperatures from -50°C to +250°C without deformation. Instead, it still has high flexibility and engineering performance. That’s why we apply LSR for seals and gaskets in the industry of automotive.
- LSR has high durability and biocompatibility. In the industry of healthcare, it can be applied as the prosthesis of the patients. Generally speaking, the finished LSR products have a relatively long lifespan.
- LSR is chemical resistant. No matter in extreme temperatures or the exposure to various chemicals, it shows a strong chemical resistance.
- It is also electrical resistant, which enables the finished LSR products of high electrical stress without affecting their conductivity.
- LSR products have a low compression set, which can remain flexible under long-time compression.
- LSR is a transparent silicone. Therefore, we can mix the LSR in any color.